As the seasons start to change and we head into winter on December 21st, it’s time to think about home maintenance again! Keeping your home and vehicles in great shape makes them last longer, look great, and can prevent accidents and claims in the future.
Here are a few things you can do this winter to keep everything in tip-top shape!
• Replace home air filters
• Replace water filters
• Check car tires for tread wear & rotate tires
• Change or clean furnace filters
• Clean and store garden tools.
• Protect central air conditioning unit with a cover.
• Make a home inventory (you can even use your phone to record a video inventory!)
• Check dryer vent & vacuum out lint
• Check your circuit breakers
• Purchase a fire extinguisher
• Schedule high-dollar jewelry on your insurance policy
• Purchase life insurance!
Regular maintenance of your home (and vehicles) helps prevent BIG issues later! Call us today to update your insurance policies or get a new quote. What other items do you like to take care of in the winter? Leave a comment and let us know.